Shift Quality Inspector
NEW VACANCY (PK5885)
SHIFT QUALITY INSPECTOR
COMMUTABLE AREAS: Oxfordshire, Warwickshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire
Circa £21K + Overtime @ Time + Half (Monday 0600 to Saturday 1800) and Double Time (Saturday 1800 to Monday 0600) + Pension
ROTATING 3 SHIFT SYSTEM (Early: Tues - Sat, Lates & Nights: Mon - Fri)
42 hours per week average
Our client is a major International manufacturer of rigid plastic packaging to the Food & Drink industry. By working with their customer base, they are able to support products with an extensive service package including product design, development, testing, technical expertise and advice.
They are currently looking for a Quality Inspector who will be reporting to the Quality Manager.
Attention to detail and the ability to work quickly are important in this position, and maintenance of equipment used for carrying out tests may be necessary. It's also important to ensure that equipment is operating as it should at all times. You must also keep records of the work done, non-conformances that are encountered, and causes of the defects discovered.
- Visual inspection of all production machines to predefined visual standards.
- Conducting dimensional tests in accordance to prescribed test methods.
- Notifying the shift Manager of all issues pertaining to product quality or food safety.
- Ensuring non-conforming product is segregated and documented.
- Ensuring that all Back-checks are conducted to prevent non-conforming goods are conducted.
- Ensuring all testing equipment used has been identified with calibration details.
- Keeping the lab and general working area tidy at all times.
- Entering information into the shift quality report on a daily basis.
- Ensuring the oncoming shift inspector is fully briefed on all issues on shift changeover
Goals and Objectives:
- Reduce Customer complaints
- Reduce internal held goods.
- Reduce external returns
- Help to ensure compliance to the shift audit score.
- Computer skills: Proficiency in basic computer operations (Microsoft Office): Word, managing email accounts, saving and printing files.
- Math skills: Knowledge of basic math are important because measuring, calibrating, and calculating specifications are major parts of quality control testing.
- Technical skills: Must understand technical documents and manuals, ensuring that products and parts meet quality standards.