Machine Operator - Direct Mail
£Open Depending on Experience
Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm with occasional overtime available paid at time ½
Our client are based in Hampshire, their passion and expertise lie in providing simple solutions for complex and demanding Direct Marketing Projects, assisting businesses achieve their campaign objectives by advising on all aspects of the process.
Due to continued growth, an experienced Mailing Machine Operator is required to join the excellent production team, setting up and running allocated jobs on the company's polywrapping and envelope inserting machines.
As a Mailing Machine Operator, you will maintain a high standard of work, following agreed processes and helping to improve production quality where possible.
The ideal Mailing Machine Operators will have experience of Buhrs / CMC envelope inserting machines and/or Sitma Polywrapping lines, however, we are also interested in Machine Operators with experience in an automated manufacturing / production environment or with other CMC machinery.
- Set up and run relevant polywrapping and envelope inserting machines as required
- Work to Operation Managers instructions as well as on your own initiative, whilst following company processes.
- Ensure work is completed accurately and within defined time frames
- Ensure all jobs, once completed, are cleared from machines and working areas
- Support all team members, assisting in training others in the use of tools, equipment and machinery as necessary
- Develop knowledge in all areas of Production to help improve work efficiency
- Work with other departments to ensure that priorities and deadlines are met
- Ensure working areas remain tidy and work is carried out in accordance to Quality, H&S and Environmental standards
- Maintain quality standards throughout all areas and continuously look for job /procedural improvements
Ideally, the candidate will have the necessary skills and experience but the right attitude is more important.
- Experience of working with Sitma Polywrap lines / Burhs / CMC envelope inserting machines
- Experience in Royal Mail or postal solutions/sortation
- Versatile and flexible in approach to your work
- Highly-productive with an eye for procedural improvement
- Able to follow instructions and work to deadlines
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, reliable and organised Machine Operator to join this growing but well-established mailing solutions company.