Packaging Engineer/Designer/Technical Sales Support - Packaging
PACKAGING ENGINEER / DESIGNER / TECHNICAL SALES SUPPORT (PK5887)
SOUTH EAST / EAST MIDLANDS
£Very Competitive + 24 Days Holiday + Contributory Pension (up to 5%) + Private Health Insurance + Bonus
Our client is leading industrial packaging manufacturer, they specialise in full packaging solutions including wooden and corrugated boxes, pallets, returnable packaging, export packaging etc for a range of market sectors.
Our client offers an excellent opportunity for a lead designer as the main Packaging Engineer / Designer / Technical Sales Support you will be charged with supporting the UK organisation in all things related to design and sourcing of "engineered solutions". Working with the business, you will play a key role for the development of both local as well as global projects as traditionally customers in the UK market place are heavily involved in global supply chains.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of at least two years relevant work experience in packaging design and sourcing, be fluent in English and have strong competency in:
- Multi material and production techniques
- IronCad / Other CAD Software
- Cost take out (CTO) and Pack Audit process would be an added benefit
- Management of complex projects
- Good team player and confident to deal directly with customers
- Ensure that customers are offered high performance packaging solutions within the company quality requirements at competitive pricing.
- Support the Sales Team offering intelligent designs to new and existing customers.
- Understand and transfer knowledge of product specific characteristics.
- In-house expert of Packaging Design & Testing
- Sourcing Responsible
This is a cross-over function/role. Elements are design (at least 60%), own sales (up to 30%) and sourcing (10%). Ideally however, this role will develop into another description. As the company are expanding and planning to move into bigger facilities, they would like this to develop into someone who will lead warehouse and a junior designer later on.