Global Print Buyer
Our client is expanding internationally at a relentless pace and as a result is looking to hire an experienced print industry professional to help them build out their global print network. They are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual who could lead the development of their global print supply chain.
As the Head of Strategic sourcing you are responsible for client’s print procurement and supply chain. You will lead the procurement strategy and help them build a global supply chain which allows them to deliver print materials quickly, efficiently with a high and consistent level of quality. Depending on the market this could mean creating direct relationships with local print service providers or partnering with print managers or cloud-based print providers.
Working closely with key suppliers, you will build strategic relationships, develop accounts plans and deliver on growth plan.
You will work very closely with our client’s implementation and sales teams to ensure that they build out their supply chain in parallel to commercial agreements and software implementation programme.
You will also work closely with the sales team to identify opportunities to grow revenue and margin within existing accounts and support the sales team with new business pitches and negotiating with the client procurement and legal teams.
You will love interacting with suppliers and be focused on building long term strategic relationships. You will have a growth mindset and strive to be a strategic partner for suppliers rather than just a customer. You’re not a tactical “buyer” looking for short-term wins, you’re a strategic sourcer looking to build sustainable relationships.
You will need to be someone who thrives in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment where the pace is very fast and every day is different. You will be willing to take on responsibility from day one and have the experience and confidence to learn quickly and tackle new challenges. You will need to be able think flexibly and looks for new and disruptive solutions.
You are someone who likes to work hard and is commercially driven and results oriented. You will need to have the tenacity and determination to see difficult projects through to completion and manage change in large international organisations.
You are someone who is excited by new opportunities, challenges the status quo and wants to be a critical part of a fast-growing international business. You will have a commitment to continued learning and self-improvement.
The ideal candidate will need to identify strongly with our 5 core values:
• Integrity - do what you say you are going to do
• Responsibility - take ownership and pro-actively look for opportunities to add value
• Customer Focus - understand customer’s needs and exceed their expectations
• Adventure - be excited about stepping into the unknown and taking risks
• Simplicity - keep things simple and tell it like it is.
Role and Responsibilities
• Developing our client’s sourcing strategy and expanding their disruptive business model
• Responsible for our client’s direct costs and working closely with sales to enhance margin across the business
• Expanding the print network by searching for, and auditing new potential print partners
• Building, developing and maintaining relations with our print partners all around the world
• Leveraging networks to rapidly scale the global supply chain
• Leading commercial negotiations with suppliers focusing on quality, service, speed and price.
• Responsible for setting the delivery for the procurement of all print and paper services, collaborating with the necessary departments specifically sales and success.
• Identify, negotiate and agree terms with all supply partners, building a robust network with a broad range of production capabilities covering relevant markets and preparing for new areas of growth.
• Assisting our client’s sales team to negotiate with print procurement professionals during contract extensions and new business pitches.
• Line management and coaching of the current Supply Chain Manager
Experience and skills - Required
• 5+ years of proven demonstrable experience of procuring print in a commercial global environment.
• Track record of previous procurement roles in either supplier and/or client organisations
• Experience creating partnerships and joint ventures with 3rd parties to service a client
• Experience in a fast moving, commercially challenging organisation operating on an international basis
• Experience in building relationships with suppliers in multiple countries and cultures
• Strong understanding of international logistics providers and the best couriers in each market
• You are well networked within the print world and able to draw upon a wealth of extended experience and knowledge.
• 5+ years of team management experience, with the ability to drive performance within the team.
• You will have strong commercial acumen with excellent supplier facing and communication/influencing skills.
• Excellent time-management, project management and organisational skills
• Ability to travel internationally on a regular basis
• Capability to interact on client side and work alongside sales colleagues
Experience and skills – Desired
• Ability to speak a foreign language(s) – German, Russian, Mandarin/Cantonese
• Experience of sourcing print in Asia, USA, Australia, LATAM and Russia
• Have a keen interest in technology and the use of software to increase business efficiency
• Knowledge of Digital print equipment from a production side or from a vendor side
PLEASE ONLY APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY IF YOU ARE A FULL TIME BUYER AND HAVE BEEN FOR MANY YEARS RATHER THAN SOMEONE WHO DOES BUYING AS PART OF A WIDER ROLE
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com
Apply for Global Print Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly