We are proud to have been appointed to handle this significant senior top management opening with a substantial packaging firm.
You will have 10 years plus experience within packaging, specifically working or having worked at a senior level within a MINIMUM, £20m pa firm in the last 5 years.
Your skills must include the ability to formulate a vision for the market growth which gets communicated to employees in a compelling and actionable way. You will need to manage teams and individuals to enable them to perform to their fullest potential, setting clear expectations and demanding high levels of performance. In addition to being a charismatic leader able to command respect from your team, you will also have impeccable presentation skills and be able to strengthen an already strong network of sales contacts.
Growth is of the essence thus the successful candidate will be capable of motivating, developing and leading a team capable of maximising opportunities through the development of existing business as well as winning new accounts.
Function: Plan, direct and deliver sales and profit growth. This includes the management of all resources to achieve maximum efficiency and profitability. Ensuring activities of key team members are focused on strategically growing and developing the business year on year, through a mixture of staff development, sales and marketing, introduction of new methodology and technology. Setting and achieving annual targets and objectives as identified within the budget process.
Sales and Marketing Accountabilities
• Working with the Sales Director to ensure that sales personnel activity is properly focused, pursuing and winning new business, directly and indirectly through the day to day management of both direct and indirect sales force.
• Innovating ‘added value’ services with the board, ensuring that new or different product lines are introduced to the existing customer base.
• Apply a strategic approach to the growth of the business, reviewing opportunities and driving forward growth.
• To achieve and exceed company expectations in sales, margin and net profit.
• To deliver an excellent service to all customers aiming to provide total satisfaction and customer retention.
• To gain recognition for a professional, ethical and quality assured business.
• Review, monitor and manage key internal factors which can influence the success of the business
• Continued research and analysis of marketplace, to ensure correct targeting of sectors, required resources and pricing models are applied incorporating planning and recommend any investment
Operational and Other Accountabilities:
• Preparation and submission of budgets and objectives
• Ensure the correct and balanced deployment of resources is in place, including equipment and personnel, to match the needs of the business and it’s customers
• Ensure the application and enforcement of all company and corporate policies and procedures, including HR, Customer Services, Customer Relationship Management
• Ensure customer service strategy is implemented
• Assess, identify and facilitate staff training and development needs
• Development and maintenance of excellent customer relationship management and strategic customer service levels
• Ensure measurement of performance of all capital expenditure incorporating return on capital
• Stringent controls of costs, expenditure and investments (SG&A) within budget parameters
• To liaise with and support the Business Managers within the area
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com