Managing Director - Leading Printer
Our client is a leading printer who are recognised their sector as being a progressive and service orientated company.
This multimillion turnover organisation employs over 200 people and is supported by a major investment programme. We are looking for a proven leader who will drive the business forward.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage the overall direction and performance of the business to deliver the business plans agreed with the Board of Directors.
This pivotal role requires an experienced Managing Director with comprehensive manufacturing knowledge. Candidates must also have a background in commercial sales and a sound understanding of financial management. A track record of operating at a senior level in a manufacturing business is vital.
The Managing Director will play a crucial role in grow the profitability of the business alongside the senior leadership team. Creating an optimum profitability model will be an early objective.
- Provide industry intelligence and strategic advice to the Board and participate in the development of the strategic direction of the business.
- Identify and evaluate business opportunities for the company and present appropriate business cases to the Board.
- Prepare the annual business plans for all areas of the business to facilitate achievement of the business strategy.
- Manage the senior management team through effective delegation and ownership of clearly communicated business objectives and standards of performance.
- Regularly monitor progress against the business plans to ensure that the company delivers the financial performance to budget.
- Ensure that adequate controls are in place to monitor the financial performance of the business through KPIs
- Formulate and successfully implement company policies to ensure that the business meets any legal compliance guidelines and where appropriate also conforms to Group policies and guidelines.
- Establish the appropriate staff recruitment, retention, training and development policies within the business to deliver the required numbers and types of well-motivated and developed staff to ensure that it achieves its goals and objectives.
- Maintain effective formal and informal communications with all key stakeholders in the business.
- Develop and maintain a programme of continuous improvement throughout the company to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers as efficiently as possible.
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the company to existing and potential customers.
- Strategic vision and financial planning
- Complex problem solving.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to motivate staff at all levels across the business
- Ability to build relationships with key customers and suppliers.
Notes from the client
Applicants must currently be employed as an MD for a min £20m pa t/o printing company (we won't consider consultants or anyone who is self-employed).
Applicants must have arrived at where they are in their career from the sales route rather than Operations/ Technical. Must have been a Sales Director before becoming at MD.
Applicants must be an EU Citizen as we don't offer sponsorship.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com