Cut & Crease Minder - Packaging
SCOTLAND (Please contact me for further location details)
*** PLEASE NOTE MY CLIENT WILL CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS RELOCATION COSTS ****
£ Open (Depending on Experience) + Pension - My client will help towards relocation costs
Shifts: 3x 12 Hour Shifts Per Week (Days - 6:00am to 6:00pm / Nights - 6:00pm to 6:00am)
Our client is a leading international manufacturer of premium branded speciality packaging. With multi-site manufacturing capabilities in the UK, allowing them to produce a range of litho, flexo, screen and digital printed labels, leaflets and cartons.
Due to investment within the company, they are currently looking to recruit a Cut & Crease Minder to ensure their Bobst machines are running to full capacity during all production-run times whilst ensuring good quality products are produced.
- Load, set-up, and make ready machines to the highest productivity levels whilst ensuring that the quality of product is maintained
- Check load, make any necessary adjustments to maintain speed and quality
- Carry out quality control on products before they are passed to the next production process
- Understand various processes and their impact on the next process.
- Carry out daily cleaning and routine maintenance of machines and work area
- Ensure correct tooling is used for the jobs.
- Continuous product quality control during machine run to ensure that all products procedures meet the customers prescribed standards.
- Maximising efficiencies to achieve annual KPI targets
- Assist team members to ensure that the departmental targets are achieved
- Undertake buddy checks for other operators
- Complete all relevant paperwork for each job run
- Adhere to company absence and timekeeping policies
- Other reasonable tasks which may be assigned by the Team Leader
Health & Safety:
- Adhere to Company Safety, Hygiene, Environmental & Quality policies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Cut & Crease Minder
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced & high volume manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of processes within a print packaging environment
- Commercial aware of the cost of waste, machine performance and absenteeism etc
- Good attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude