Our client is a fast-growing printer looking for a dynamic Financial Controller to be part of their team. This is a newly created role will be given the empowerment to work closely with senior stakeholders within the business to streamline and further review process and policies to reach the financial goals of the company.
It is our client's expectations that the successful incumbent takes ownership of the accounting and finance function, has the strategic gravitas while willing to be hands on with a high level of initiative.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for providing first line financial and commercial support to ensure the company achieves their financial strategy, goals and targets through the accurate, timely and quality accounting, analysis and reporting.
- Preparation of all monthly management and financial reports
- Lead a small team of people
- Lead the planning, budgeting and forecasting process along by working closely with the business
- Review, monitor and report monthly performance identifying variances to plan and opportunities for business improvement;
- Highlight any risks
- Prepare timely and accurate reporting and other related statutory reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- The role will also include handling all tax and payroll matters
- Take a pro-active guidance role in ensuring good internal control, self-governance and continuous improvement
We envisage that the successful candidate will:
Be qualified or part qualified, with CPA/CA, or commensurate extensive experience;
Possess an intermediate to advanced level understanding of MS Excel;
Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar financial role;
Work well in a team environment;
Communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally;
Work effectively to deadlines
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com