Commercial Excellence Manager - Plastics - 12 Month FTC
Our DS Smith Plastics Division is looking for a Commercial Excellence Manager to join the team.
This is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated and energetic Manager to work in a cross-cultural and dynamic working environment.
The purpose of the role is to deploy commercial Lean Six Sigma improvement projects across the different business units of Plastics, establish commercial excellence blueprints and drive the overall change management towards commercial excellence.
This role will involve up to 60% of travel.
• Deploy a programme of commercial improvement projects across the organisation and lead a portfolio of lean six sigma projects. Provide coaching to the individual project leaders and engage in joint problem-solving.
• Independently drive and conduct analyses on a range of commercial topics. Identify core issues and improvement areas by using existing lean six sigma approach and tools.
• Act as a change agent to drive business improvement within the commercial organisation.
• Build, improve and manage standard tools/reporting which can be applied across different business.
• Contribute to preparing and delivering training, presentations and workshops.
What we would like our candidate to have:
• Business and/or Technical Degree required (Preferably Master’s Degree).
• Proven track record as a commercial Green or Black Belt and deploying improvement projects across commercial organisations
• You will ideally be highly experienced in a Sales or Management Consulting role in a B2B environment.
• Excellent analytical skills with experience of Microsoft Office applications and SAP/BW experience along with “hands on mentality.”
• Experience working and introducing CRM tools of advantage
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in English (French, Spanish and other languages would be desirable).
• Strong cross-cultural project management experience, with ability to deal with multiple levels and functions to create buy-in and alignment in an international organization.
• Open-minded, results orientated with a strong commitment to make things happen.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Willingness to travel extensively 60% of the time and to deliver of objectives against deadlines.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of sustainable packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion, the organisation employs over 32,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Contributory pension
• Annual cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers