Brand Guidelines Designer **Fluent German Speaker**
£30K - £50K (Depending on Experience) + 23 Days Holiday (increasing to a maximum of 27 days based on length of service) + Bank Holidays + Cycle To Work Scheme + Pension
Our client is a well-established, family run packaging design company based in the South East. Our client works with major brands and names to create innovative designs for their packaging.
They are currently looking to recruit a German speaking Brand Guideline Designer to join their highly talented team.
In this role you will be creating brand guidelines in German and English language for two of the world's biggest retailers. You will be an integral part of design and production meetings for a large number of new food and non-food brands, and subsequently create very detailed packaging and corporate guidelines for national, European or worldwide use.
**You must have experience creating brand or corporate style guidelines**
Skills & Experience:
- You will have a background in design and/or artwork with solid knowledge of print processes and a detailed understanding of packaging design.
- The role requires a minimum of 5 years experience in crafting detailed corporate guidelines, brand guidelines or annual reports.
- Client briefings are in German and most of our guidelines are for the German, Austrian and Swiss markets, therefore you must be a native German speaker and your written German is required to be grammatically perfect.
- You must be a conceptual thinker and have a highly logical, systematic approach to your work.
- An eye for detail is essential and you must be highly precise.
- You must display excellent organisational and time management skills, keen attention to detail and the ability to work independently managing multiple, concurrent projects.
- You will be self motivated and thrive in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in InDesign and Illustrator, is essential. Experience in Photoshop would be advantageous.
- You must be able to work independently as well as in a team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide expert advice to the design and artwork departments about which master elements of the new brands need to be prepared, artworked or retouched before work can commence on the guidelines.
- Systematically and logically analyse the projects, and advise on the most logical structure and content of guidelines.
- Understand which elements of the new brands need to be included, explained and detailed in the guidelines.
- Foresee, identify, discuss and solve any potential problems in relation to creating new brands.
- Manage the setting up of new guidelines in German, based on existing templates and guideline examples including the design and layout of individual pages.
- Ensure that all design examples within the guidelines are consistent and fully comply with all associated guidelines.
- Ensure that guidelines are clear, logical, comprehensive and easy to understand for any potential internal or external user.
- Liaise internally to discuss, manage and implement changes until final approval.
- Manage your deadlines.