Print Production Manager
5 days left
- Contract Type
Our client, a long established Printing firm, is looking for an ambitious, experienced, Production professional. This role requires someone currently operating in a production management role within the printing arena.
Strategically strong, you will be commercially aware with strong influencing skills.
Reporting to the board on all areas of production, you will be comfortable communicating effectively and professionally at all levels.
As Print Production Manager, you will operate with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, and work with a sense of urgency with demonstrable energy and drive.
You will be responsible for management of all print (Litho, Digital,) and all finishing processes.
Strong delegation and people development ability.
Experience planning and setting production and business strategy with an understanding of financial considerations and implications.
Ability to prioritise own work and work of others to meet deadlines and achieve targets in a fast paced dynamic environment. Experience with setting of Key Performance Indicators and managing to targets.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an experience of managing and delivering change.
Proactive, positive, enthusiastic ‐ demonstrating a “can do” attitude. Leads by example with a strong work ethic.
- Ensure that all direct reports are aware of performance and service requirements and understand what must be done to achieve them.
- Organise, control and monitor the flow of production ensuring quality is maintained.
- Ensure that communication between departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ensure all staffing and shifts fully utilise the manpower and equipment for maximum efficiency
- Review all the output of all departments (Pre‐press, Print, Bindery, Dispatch) and work continuously to improve processes, driving and managing change to achieve set goals
- Create and manage print production schedules. Overseeing current and future capacity vs current and future demand.
- Ensure KPIs are in place in all departments and production targets are met. Including monitoring the performance of all department managers/supervisors (conduct performance reviews/appraisals etc.)
- Pricing, costing and ordering/buying all appropriate consumables, stock etc in a planned and commercially efficient manner.
- Assist in the preparation of appropriate budgets and ensure all departmental budgets are met in conjunction with the Operations Director
- Ensure all equipment is always maintained to a high operational standard
- Ensure all work and production methods are completed to a high quality standard
- Ensure all Company policies are adhered to
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and research possible solutions
- Keep up to date with latest trends, technology, equipment etc
- With the Operations Director manage the HR of the manufacturing staff, liaising with staff representatives, introduce and manage policies and procedures.
- Produce regular reports as required, including those required for board/management meeting
Apply for Print Production Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly