Packaging Manager - Drinks
An independent premium drinks supplier has an opening for a Packaging Manager. Using their consumer understanding and experience within the industry, this premium organisation provides innovative, bespoke solutions and creates value for its customers. Their approach is governed by respect for the environment, through numerous ‘green’ measures that are part and parcel of their way of working.
Currently, our clients core focus is on the supply of alcoholic beverages, however they are starting to expand into the soft drinks market. This a very exciting time to join a company experiencing expansion and diversification.
Reporting to the Technical Manager your role will be to provide packaging technical support to the business. As Packaging Manager, you will co-ordinate the investigation and the follow-up of packaging non-conformances. You will ensure that all packaging is in accordance with its specification and meets functionality requirements.
Coupled with technical skills, you must also be a friendly, approachable manager. You will manage one packaging technologist, allowing them to get on with daily tasks, and reacting to issues and events. Not only must you be capable of developing strong relationships internally, but we are looking for someone with the emotional intelligence to form lasting relationships with external stakeholders too. The candidate we seek will be able to hold suppliers to task when KPIs are not met and also introduce continuous improvement procedures.
- Manage projects
- Perform audits of packaging suppliers manufacturing facilities and quality systems
- Drive continuous improvement in packaging
- Reduce the number of packaging non-conformance’s by proactively working with suppliers on improvements
- Create packaging supplier quality agreements / KPIs
- Schedule and chair quality review meetings with suppliers
- Represent packaging function in the NPD meetings
- Work on packaging NPD and qualification
- Ensure supplier approval process is fully adhered to
- Audit packaging suppliers
- Member of the HACCP team
This is a great opportunity to join a company which values its employees, one which finds tangible ways to give back to the people who contribute to their success.
Please note, there will be an element of travel required in this role.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com