IT Infrastructure Engineer - Field Services
IT Infrastructure Engineer - Field Services - Permanent
We are looking for a full-time Field Service Specialist, based in Bedfordshire, to cover 5 sites across the Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire area. Are you somebody who proactively ensures that good working relationships are maintained between the IT Department and the end-user community? Do you look to identify areas for potential improvement to the way in which services are delivered? If this sounds like you, then consider the following…
- Do you have experience of supporting IT at site level?
- Is delivering on your commitments something that drives you?
- Are your communication and customer service skills something that you pride yourself on?
If you have answered YES to all of the above questions and are ready to hit the ground running, YOU could be the person we are looking for.
The successful candidate will be expected to participate in an Out of Hours support rota (An OOH rota payment is applicable).
- This role will involve providing first and second line Infrastructure and EUC support to internal clients, across multiple manufacturing sites in Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Buckinghamshire.
- Support existing Infrastructure including end user hardware, peripherals, servers, storage and network switches.
- Image and deploy hardware and software using industry standard tools such as SCCM
- The role is varied including a mix of BAU and Deployment/Upgrade Project work.
- Communicate, share knowledge, fixes and potential improvements with the wider team.
- Maintain compliance with all internal policies, processes and procedures, including Change Management.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with local Health and Safety policies.
- Travel to other UK sites may be required, including overnight stays.
What will our ideal applicant have…
- Experience of supporting IT at site level, in a manufacturing or production environment
- Use of a Service Desk System (ServiceNow or other)
- Citrix Support
- Microsoft, COMPTIA or similar technical certification
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Proven experience of building relationships with challenging customers
- Good listening skills to seek feedback from customers
- Proven ability to investigate and troubleshoot problems
- Full UK Driving Licence and reliable personal vehicle for local journeys (mileage is reimbursed)
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- VM Ware
About DS Smith Plc…
DS Smith Plc. is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover exceeding £4 billion, the organisation employs over 28,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Competitive pension
- Annual cycle to work scheme
Location: Bedfordshire (to be discussed at interview)
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.