DS Smith Featherstone is seeking a highly performing Engineering Manager to be responsible for the management, motivation and development of the site Engineering Department. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role will see the successful individual take full accountability for the Engineering function consisting of a team of 20 Engineers, Technicians and Stores personnel.
You will provide leadership, direction, management and coaching to your team to continue to prioritise multi-skilling, training/development but also to look to continue to raise engineering best practice and standards. As a degree qualified Engineering Manager, you will have a proven track record in developing and embedding an effective maintenance, reliability and engineering strategy to drive OEE in a complex manufacturing plant.
With outstanding communication skills, you will have the ability to form a key part of the middle management team of the site and have a wider input into the overall site strategy. Your considerable experience in leading, coaching and managing your teams to reach their full potential will enable you to operate both strategically but also be hands on as required.
What aspects are involved in this role?
- Direct Line Management of the Engineering Supervisors and Engineering Team members including performance management, absence management, reporting and ensuring adequate cover within the team at all times
- Ensuring the effective running of the Engineering Service function, making appropriate decisions for the downtime of critical plant allowing maintenance and Plant Engineers to assess the status of equipment and ensure it is fully functional and make planned repairs and upgrades
- Measuring and reporting on KPI’s accurately, recording in SAP with the correct dates and times
- Ensuring the Engineering Stores Management processes are followed and maintained by the Stores personnel and Engineering Service Teams
- Daily you will need to chair the DER (Daily engineering Review), attend and participate in the DAC (daily action centre) and WOR (weekly operational review) meetings, generate a weekly PM schedule to facilitate plant repairs as required
- Managing CI projects to improve the plant productivity, H&S and wellbeing of the employees
- Daily performance reviews with the Engineering Supervisor and Team Leaders in meetings, to establish if a breakdown could have been prevented, and what actions will be required to achieve this through preventative measures to deliver a continuous improvement in the plant performance
What we would like our candidate to have…
- Engineering Qualification
- Apprentice trained engineer with good communication skill
- Solid understanding of predictive and preventative maintenance techniques
- Experience of leading a team/people management
- Resilience, self-motivation and passion for the role
- Background in root cause problem solving techniques
- Understanding of process control technology and uses within FMCG
- Extensive engineering and maintenance experience preferably within the FMCG industry including leadership experience