HSE Manager, Flexible Packaging – West Yorkshire
Major market suppliers of shrink wrap, laminated film and high quality printed flexible packaging to the food and drink, home textiles and paper products industries, seek an outstanding Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager to manage, maintain and enhance quality & safety procedures across their diverse workspace.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will ensure that legislation is adhered to and complied with in order to manage the planning, implementation, monitoring and reviewing of the health, safety and environmental strategies, undertaking inspections, carrying out investigations, keeping records and documenting procedures & case reports.
- Ensure that all personnel are fully aware of HSE policies and procedures, including site inductions for the business.
- Be aware of new or existing safety legislation, approved codes of practice, guidance notes, and government reports and implementing best practice.
- Promote guidance, advice, understanding and compliance across the Company with requirements in COSHH, Manual Handling, PPE, DSE, Environmental, Waste Management, Health and Hygiene standards and objectives.
- Implement corporate safety training policy as applicable to the needs and requirements of the business.
- Plan and ensure that audits are carried out to establish that the company meets current legislative requirements, and its own HSE targets.
- Develop and implement ISO14000 compliant Environment Management System.
Ideally you will be Degree educated in an Engineering (or other related) discipline, with Chartered (IOSH) status and extensive experience in health, safety and environment, including NEBOSH & COSHH
With strong strategic, performance management and leadership skills, you’ll have the proven ability to communicate & influence at all levels across the Business that currently operates two site divisions, with a combined staff of 130 and has recently invested over £6M in state of the art machinery, so they are an employer of choice, offering committed, talented & aspirational individuals, a genuine career & professional development opportunity within a high profile market sector.