Our DS Smith site in Featherstone is currently seeking an experienced Quality Manager to join their busy Operations Team on a permanent, full-time basis. Reporting to the Operations Manager and playing a key role within the Operations department the ideal candidate will manage the quality function of the site, ensuring consistent compliance with both legislative and company standards is continually achieved at all times.
The successful individual will also be primarily responsible for driving the quality function forward, developing the necessary; skills, processes, materials, information and procedures in order to ensure continuous improvement within a quality capacity, contributing strategically to the overall success and competitiveness of DS Smith within its market and helping to meet the requirements of our customers and wider business.
In addition to the above, you will be required to develop and maintain the formal quality management systems (i.e.; ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001), ensuring these are adhered too and consistently support the achievement of successful operational performance and quality standards of the site.
You will manage and develop the Quality Assurance function and will promote a total quality philosophy and culture across all levels, ensuring this is demonstrated within the workplace, encouraging the same from others. You will have a positive and ambitious attitude, with a dedicated focus to driving forward efficiency and looking to improve quality and performance wherever possible to ensure optimum standards are achieved.
Building effective working relationships across the site, wider business and with our customers, you will provide support wherever necessary, sharing expertise and knowledge and looking to resolve issues in timely and effective manner, delivering an excellent customer service. You will be a proactive problem solver and will look to investigate quality issues, identifying the causes of these problems, taking preventive actions to ensure they are not repeated and there is minimal impact to the performance of the site or the service to our customers.
Furthermore, you will manage the Quality Assurance Team on site, providing support to team members, ensuring objectives are met and performance levels remain high at all times. You will motivate the team, providing training and development to team members and colleagues where required, particularly as a result of changes to quality related policies, procedures, documentation and legislation.
- Proven experience in a similar role within a quality function and experience of managing quality systems i.e. ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 and testing procedures
- Experience of Industry standards/guidelines (e.g. Pharmaceutical Code of Practice/Hygiene Regulations)
- Proven experience of working in an FMCG/Manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- A proactive attitude, with a continuous focus to resolve problems effectively, improve processes and performance
- A competent computer user with experience of using Microsoft office software
- The ability to analyse, interpret and communicate complex numerical and verbal data
- Membership/qualification from a relevant professional body (at least NEBOSH Gen Cert level)