Our DS Smith site in Torpoint is searching for an Operations Manager to lead the plant in an objective, customer focused and profit oriented way. The successful candidate will need to further develop a customer focused, continuous improvement culture, through the utilisation of leading edge manufacturing tools and techniques, in order to maintain the company’s position at the forefront of industry best practice.
What this role will involve...
- Supporting the Regional Operations Manager (ROM) in all aspects of the business and assist in organising the teams in achieving a safe working environment and good financial results
- Managing the planning, coordination and control of all manufacturing and operational support processes
- Developing and maintaining efficient production processes, producing the correct volume at the right cost and level of quality
- Recognised as the senior person within the plant when the ROM is off site
- Assisting the ROM with advanced operations planning and support the weekly planning operations to ensure all forward capacity restrictions are highlighted and all operational activities are taken into account
- Ensuring DS Smith aim to achieve all KPI’s and plant targets and record everything which affect this in a negative or positive way
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers, while reviewing performance
- Ensuring an exceptional level of service, to internal and external customers
- Leading by example and promoting a continuous improvement culture using Lean Six Sigma techniques and the business Continuous improvement scheme
- Setting targets for the manufacturing team - communicating, monitoring and reviewing
- Manpower Management and Planning
- Working with the Quality Manager to continually review and improve quality control procedures
What we would like our candidate to have....
- Operations Management experience in a fast turnaround, high volume, customer focused manufacturing/engineering environment e.g. automotive, packaging, FMCG
- Commercially astute and customer driven
- Good communication skills, at all levels, both verbally and in writing, with excellent
- The ability to interpret, analyse and present data
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Strong & Clear leadership skills
- Degree an advantage
- Provide a balance of strong leadership and support when required
- Ability to build strong high performing teams