Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
DS Smith Featherstone is looking to hire a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to lead and develop the Health, Safety and Environmental function of the business to ensure that it has the right skills, processes, materials, information and procedures to consistently meet legislative requirements, Customers requirements and the standards established by formal management systems (e.g. ISO 9001 / 14001 / 18001).
What aspects are involved in this role?
Reporting to the Site Managing Director, the HSE Manager will assist the Senior Management Team in working towards a positive Health and Safety culture within the site through the application of Best Practice Health and Safety Management Techniques.
Other Key Responsibilities:
• Takes an active role in implementation of Preventative Measures to reduce risk of accidents across the site.
• Ensure that all levels of Management recognize and implement the necessary activities and actions to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
• Act as the principal contact for HSE issues within the site and provide support as required. To provide specialist advice on health, safety and environmental issues to all staff.
• Support the Managing Director in developing the annual HSE Plan and ensure that objectives and targets are monitored monthly.
• Identify areas of risk within the business and develop measures to reduce and control
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Membership/qualification from a relevant professional body (at least NEBOSH General Certificate level)
• Minimum 5 years in a similar function within a manufacturing environment
• Strong Leadership behaviours with the ability to engage the whole workforce
• Passionate for driving a Zero accident culture
• Problem solving techniques (RCA)
• Information/data handling and interpretation skills
• Competent when presenting to large groups and senior stakeholders
• IT literate – excel, word, management systems as a minimum
• Industry standards/guidelines (e.g. Pharmaceutical Code of Practice/Hygiene Regulations)
• Strong Numerical and Verbal skills
Closing date: 22nd March 2019
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.7 billion. The organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: Circa £45,000
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Location: Featherstone, Staffordshire
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.