NEW VACANCY! (PK5848)
* Shift Patterns available -2 x Double Day Shifts (Mon - Fri)
* Salary £18K to £25K (+20-30% shift allowance).
* Holiday entitlement - 25 days (+ 8 public holidays)
* Company benefits - excellent benefits package available to all staff
Our Client is currently recruiting for a Flexo Printer to Set up, operate and dismantle a variety of up to date flexographic color label printing presses between 1 - 8 colours.
At our clients facility in the UK, the company prints labels as well as an array of products such as wristbands and tags. As business continues to grow quickly they need to recruit additional staff to produce more complex products on their fleet of Flexo presses.
Deciding to join this company is as much a lifestyle choice as a career decision. They offer a modern, professional working environment that is enjoyable to be part of, as well as opportunities for training and career development. The company culture is one of inclusion and diversity, they find diverse teams perform better - they are more successful at solving problems and are more innovative. This client serves communities around the world, and having diverse teams helps them to better understand their customers and their needs, which sets them apart from competitors and drives future success.
Please note we are looking for trained and experienced candidates within the printing sector, with experience running the same or very similar printing machines including Mark Andy and Nilpeter presses.
Duties to involve:
- To operate flexographic label printing presses to produce rolls of self-adhesive labels, wristbands, tickets & tags
- Carrying out Packing in-line operations following detailed instructions
- Have an understanding of the functions and mechanical workings of all machines
- Performs appropriate functional quality tests for operations performed on all equipment
- General computer skills and numerical skills
- Ability to work to high quality standards and meet productivity targets/deadlines adhering to all H&S procedures at all times
- Ability to use initiative with excellent problem-solving skills
- 1 - 3 years of printing related experience
- Narrow web flexographic label printing experience would be a distinct advantage for this position
- Ink-mixing and colour matching experience would be an advantage