Technical Design Manager - Packaging
7 days left
- Contract Type
SOUTH EAST / MIDLANDS
Salary £35-40K (Dependent on Experience) + Car + Bonus Scheme + Benefits + 25 Days Holiday (rising up to 27 days with service plus all bank holidays) + additional holiday purchasing scheme + contributory pension + employee discount scheme
Our Client is a market leading Packaging solutions supplier in the UK. Their extensive network allows customers to cost effectively package their products through the provision of a comprehensive product range, single source supply, just-in-time delivery and tailored stock management programmes.
They serve many market sectors including FMCG, electronics, retail, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, automotive industries
As part of the Technical Design Team, the role will play a critical part in the continued success. The chosen candidate will provide innovative and tailored design solutions for both their existing and potential customers.
The candidate will work hand-in-hand with their customers to ensure not only direct cost savings are achieved, but also to ensure indirect cost savings are met, through constantly striving to make improvements in productivity and efficiencies for their customers.
This role provides a wonderful opportunity for someone seeking career advancement as they offer strong development and progression opportunities, both within the packaging business and the broader group business.
You will be enthusiastic and motivated - enjoying the buzz and challenge of a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be IT literate with strong time management and prioritisation skills. You will have a real team spirit and be able to build relationships with internal and external partners.
- You will be capable of listening to the customer's needs and be able to communicate in a professional and coherent manner; both in conversation and presentational form
- Taking briefs and using various design software you will be creating innovative cost saving solutions for customers
- You will work to provide tailored solutions to all their customers, whilst demonstrating a caring approach to their business requirements and challenges
- Access consumer tastes, market trends and product details in order to conceptualise package designs
- Working closely with their customers you will ensure goals are met, whilst considering branding, safety and cost implications
- You will generate reports on an ongoing basis to support proposals made to their customers and log design activities
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent time-keeping skills and be able to juggle a range of tasks / projects for numerous customers, in order to ensure tight deadlines are met
- Prioritise your workload accordingly
- Produce finished customer samples, 3D visuals, artwork proofs and presentations
- You will be able to demonstrate in-depth industry knowledge
- Cover Assistant Technician duties where necessary
- Experience using Kasemake CAD system, SketchUp Pro, Adobe CC
- Team player
- Results driven
- Specific sector industry knowledge and experience
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal at all levels
- Customer Facing
- Can work under own initiative
- Good time management skills
- Can-do attitude
- Track record of cost saving projects
- Full driving license
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience using Solidworks, digital printing, Microsoft Hololens
- Specialist knowledge in packaging area other than corrugated packaging
- Ideally you will demonstrate a good knowledge of all packaging materials & their uses
- You will be familiar with world-class techniques & have experience in a design / technical support role, with a proven track record of achievements in cost reduction projects
Apply for Technical Design Manager - Packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly