Packaging Technologist | Cosmetics & Healthcare | Hampshire
Are you an experienced and enthusiastic Packaging Technologist? Would you like the opportunity to work for a well established and growing toiletry, healthcare and pharmaceutical manufacturing company? You’ll know this role’s for you if you’re interested in developing innovative, primary packaging solutions, fulfilling existing projects on behalf of a range of well known clients and delivering and supporting a number of new packaging projects across the UK.
Packaging Technologist | Cosmetics & Healthcare | Hampshire | £35k - £45k
Working with high profile brands across the cosmetic and healthcare sectors, the company is a fast paced manufacturing environment, which necessitates both flexibility and enthusiasm. With success that is due to innovation strategies in creativity, design and technical applications, you can be sure you’re joining a company with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own aspirations.
As Packaging Technologist, you will be responsible for:
- Personally planning and executing all aspects of packaging development for new products for both new and existing major customers, both contract fill and full service
- Working with major customers early on in the process, understanding and defining NPD requirements and translating them into confirmed packaging criteria
- Sourcing, selecting, developing and specifying components that meet customer briefs, cost targets, supplier capabilities, factory facilities and all CPA deadlines
- Communicating with all stakeholders across the process, identifying/highlighting any risks and offering carefully considered mitigating actions and back up plans
- Consistent proactive application of a wide range of knowledge covering packaging materials, component manufacture and print
- Proactively assessing current packaging to identify areas for improvement
- Planning, organising and executing packaging trials
- Working to ensure timely and effective development and launches
- Identifying and understanding key internal customer support requirements through regular reviews with operations, quality, and engineering functions
Key attributes required:
- Ideally, experience gained within the cosmetics/beauty/healthcare environment
- Project management experience – proven track record of delivering complex projects to completion against challenging timescales
- Practical knowledge and experience of a range of packaging materials, processes and manufacturing methods
- Strong networking skills, particularly with other technical colleagues
- Institute of Packaging Diploma or equivalent qualification preferred but not essential
Click the ‘Apply now’ button and make us aware of your details.