DS Smith are recruiting a proven, dynamic Account Manager, who will ensure the efficient management of new and existing customers.
The role calls for a well-organised, self-motivated and tenacious person who can coordinate internal and external resources along with the wider DS Smith network. You will be strong technically and possess operational knowledge within the Retail market sector along with the ability to identify opportunities adding value to our customers businesses.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Develop and grow relationships with a wide range of customers which will include blue-chip clients and well- known, brand leading manufacturers within the FMCG arena.
- Be responsible for negotiation of price movements of all packaging solutions and services.
- Be skilled at identifying, quantifying and proposing a plan to gain additional business from existing customers and demonstrate the ability to network through clients.
- Drive high profit margin and ROI: achieve margin improvement with mix of products
- Ensure a professional line is presented at all times managing customer expectations as appropriate in line with the business priorities.
- Accurately forecast future customer requirements.
- Manage the total cost of servicing the account, including the ‘hidden costs’.
- Ensure that the customer’s SLA is delivered.
We are interested in receiving applications from candidates with:
- A proven track record of selling at senior level and growing major FMCG accounts.
- Demonstrated experience of selling in a B2B environment.
- Any knowledge of packaging solutions and supply chain services would be of interest, however not essential as the quality of the person is more important.
- Commercially astute and consultative approach to selling with project management attitude and skills in complex sales.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Strong influencing skills with experience of working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record in developing new and existing accounts.
- Real ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Self-motivated, Ambitious, entrepreneurial, with excellent team player skills.
- Ability to build and manage a team in the future.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.7 billion, the organisation employs over 32,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Location: East/South East England
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
- Annual cycle to work scheme
- Company car