Business Development Manager
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to take a key role in delivering our next phase of ambitious profitable growth for the UK Packaging Division – Retail Sector South.
This role will be home based but with frequent travel primarily in the East of England.
Our customers face continued challenges in their chosen markets, seeking solution orientated partners to demonstrate creative and innovative thinking. At DS Smith we have an ambition to be the very best for our customers, working together is so important. You will engage in all areas of opportunity with these potential customers to support their needs to sell more at lower cost and reduce risk and exchange this to deliver profitable growth for the DS Smith Group.
What the role will entail...
The position reports directly to the Sales Manager for the Sector. Working closely with the Sales Team for the Sector and liaising with other Sector and Central Sales Teams, you will be responsible for exploiting new business opportunities for the UK & Ireland Packaging Division. Creating innovative solutions for target customers in chosen segments and by identifying growth opportunity in new markets to undertake solutions selling, from concept and design stages through to first orders you will be expected to deliver new added value business.
We are looking for somebody who is intuitively able to apply “THE WAY WE SELL” philosophy, a positive team player to lead in a co-operative and collaborative manner. Most importantly has a strong understanding of the customer world, their current and future challenges and the ability to engage with the right people within chosen customers to demonstrate how our unique diverse product and solution service offering can create and deliver mutual value.
- Possess a proven track record of new business delivery
- Positive attitude, Professional approach to identifying strategic New Business Opportunities
- Possess excellent negotiating skills and a drive to discover new markets
- Be a self-starter who naturally seeks self-development, being highly motivated with the ability to set their own goals and objectives as well as being part of the team
- Computer literate
- Have a flexible, enthusiastic approach and possess excellent communication skills
- Willing and eager to travel to generate new business.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.7 billion, the organisation employs over 32,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Location: East of England
- Company Car, Laptop, Mobile
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Annual Bonus Incentive Scheme
- Contributory pension
- Employee Share Save Scheme
- Paid Expenses