Print Buyer | POS – Print Management | Manchester
Recent structural changes within our client have produced an exciting opening for an experienced Print Buyer with a proven background gained in the print manufacturing sector and/or POS display market. This is a key position within the strategic sourcing team where you will be managing diverse projects and suppliers ensuring consistent commercial value is delivered.
Print Buyer | POS – Print Management | Manchester | £30k - £40k+ dependent on experience
Holding a leading position in the market as part of a global group, this company is firmly established in its markets. A multi-site operation offering fully integrated print solutions serving the retail sector, they have extensive in-house technology to produce fantastic, highly recognisable branded print.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing the supplier relationships and supporting the account management team to maximise gross profit margins through indepth understanding of the supply chain
- Delivering measurable cost savings through supplier negotiation – ensuring the best deal is achieved for all parties
- Working with suppliers across the UK, Europe and globally
- Supporting the benchmarking and review of the supplier base in line with internal and client obligations on a regular basis
- Ensuring all systems are kept up to date and that data is auditable and that savings are evaluated in line with the commercial strategy
- Supporting the review and assessment of supply interruption risks, taking necessary action to mitigate/manage such risks
Key attributes required:
- The successful candidate will have experience in print and managed services and have exceptional commercial acumen
- Potentially you will have a background in estimating/outsourcing within a print/POS manufacturing environment and an excellent understanding of POS – 2D/3D, temporary and permanent
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to manage suppliers effectively
- Analytical mind with experience in using Excel spreadsheets
- CIPS qualification or desire to work towards this
If you feel you have the skills to do this role, then we would like to hear from you! This is a fantastic role where you will be given a structured development path and the opportunity to focus and grow your career in procurement.
Contact us for further details.