Position: Project Engineer
Location: East Midlands
Salary: £33k - £35k
- Managing projects development and implementation into production to ensure projects are completed within the allocated budget and timeline. Supporting Technical Manager in achieving departmental goals and supporting projects development and their implementation into production wherever possible.
- Project management for new products development, including tooling and automation for new production.
- Coordinate activities on the assigned projects and carry out necessary project work.
- Communicate with customers on project activities (requirements, specification, timing plans, feedback, follow up).
- Communicate with suppliers (requirements, quotes, lead times, delivery plans, follow-up) to gather information.
- Work with Production Department and Maintenance Department on project qualifications into production.
- Work closely with Quality Department on product specifications and qualification into production.
- Review of drawings (2D and 3D) and specifications (interpret drawing and specification requirements).
- Work with drawings, CAD, 2D, 3D, creation 2D of drawings, updates of 2D drawings.
- Support project quotations and costings (RFQ review, obtaining tooling and automation equipment quotes).
- Specify production equipment for new projects (equipment specification and allocation).
- Attend line trials or tool and equipment qualifications (FAT or SAT).
- Gather and organize information. Write reports and summarize information.
- Coordinate internal meetings.
- Identify areas of improvement and implement as necessary and as agreed with Technical Manager.
- Communicate and co-operate with other Departments. Provide technical support to other Departments.
- Required to travel short and long haul for business.
- Project management for implementation of new plastic products, tools and automation.
- Working towards achieving set project goals and objectives. Ensure project activities are carried cost effectively.
- Complete project work on time and in allocated budget. Prioritize work among the ongoing projects.
- Record data and information. Write reports and come to conclusions. Implement solutions.
- Review and prepare specifications for new products and equipment.
- Carry out trouble shooting on problems and provide technical solutions to these problems.
- Identify areas of improvement and implement where necessary. Ensure systems and procedures are adhered to.
- Unitise good working practices and work safely and efficiently while adhering to company guidelines.
- Knowledge of injection moulding and injection moulding process.
- Knowledge of plastic injection moulding machinery and ancillary equipment.
- Basic knowledge of automation concepts and high-speed production equipment and vision systems.
- Basic knowledge of tooling design and plastic product design.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of manufacturing quality systems.
- Basic mechanical engineering skills and trouble shooting skills.
- Understanding of product drawings and product specification.
- Computer literate: Internet, Email, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Computer design knowledge: AutoCAD 2D and/or 3D CAD Pro-Engineer is an advantage.
- Communication skills and ability to effectively present information and solve problems.
- Proactive, self-motivated and versatile with ability to work with other team members.
- Flexible and enthusiastic, willing to learn and work on different tasks.
- Methodical with logical thinking and problems solving skills.
- Hardworking with positive ‘can do’ attitude. Multitasking ability.
- Good communication skills, professional and calm under pressure.
- Reliable and organized with good time management skills.
- Ability to interpret and work to variety of verbal and/or written instructions.
- Ability to work safely and consider welfare of others.
- Aware of the departmental and company goals