Creative Services Manager
We are looking for a Creative Services Manager to join our energetic and exciting London Creative Studio. The candidate will thrive under pressure, step up to the plate in peak periods and have a real love of scheduling and problem solving!
Must be organised, have a harmonious, collaborative approach and be the linchpin between Creative Teams and internal clients.
A life lived in a creative agency is what we are looking for and a great understanding of the Visual, Design and Artwork process is needed.
The role requires lots of interaction across a wide variety of teams, ranging from Designers, Artworkers, Finance Director, Account Directors & Account Teams. Manage the relationships with various Creative Agencies, ensuring the Studio has the right amount of cover for all peak periods, booking Freelance Resource for specific projects & skillsets to suit.
An understanding of print, production, will be beneficial but not essential, commercially aware and with an eye for detail on the reports that show the financials, utilisation of the Studio will be a key task.
- To schedule the day-to-day workload for the Creative Team and the Creative Artwork Team
- To be responsible for inducting all new starters in conjunction with their Group Head / Line Manager, training them in the use of the timesheet and briefing system
- To work in collaboration with the various client Account Directors in charge of their Account Teams to prioritise work flow in to the Creative Team & Creative Artwork Team
- To work in collaboration with the Head of Artwork to prioritise workflow in the Creative Artwork team
- To work in collaboration with the Head of Design to prioritise workflow in the Creative team
- Responsible for the line management of the Receptionist, engaging in development reviews, ensuring all tasks executed to standard
- To be responsible for all freelancer bookings, and to manage a database of freelancers in order to
improve quality of outsourcing and manage quality of output (with the support of the Head Of Design and The Head of Artwork)
- To create reports that set out the commercial Freelancer usage - to be a conduit that goes into the Finance Director, to work with him to help get the best data from the MIS system so we can analyse and identify trends and issues
- A comprehensive understanding of graphic based design software is desirable
- A comprehensive understanding of print production methods and materials would also be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines
- A full UK driving licence is preferred
- Experience of working in a commercial studio environment
- Aptitude for man-management must be demonstrated
- Company advocate in actions and communications
This role is office-based, but travel to other Retail Marketing sites, clients and third party sites may be required occasionally.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.7 billion, the organisation employs over 32,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Location: Mill Street, London, SE1 2BD
Salary: £40,000 - £42,000
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
• Annual cycle to work scheme