Large Format Team Leader (Production) - CS3298
Large Format Digital Production Team Leader – Surrey – c. £35k (Negotiable Dep. On experience)
My client is a specialist Large Format Digital Graphics business with over 35 years’ experience and an excellent reputation.
They manufacture and install graphics for high profile customers in retail, banking, the public sector and the building and architectural sectors.
They have a can-do attitude and pride themselves on both quality and customer service.
- Directly responsible for the day-to-day activities of the production team overseeing two staff
- Being responsible for allocating tasks to your team, monitoring their progress and ensuring their completion within the appropriate time scale.
- Planning on a daily basis the loading of your area of control in conjunction with the Digital Director
- Reporting on the progress achieved against daily plans
- Help arrange additional labour requirements (either staff overtime or agency labour) to suit the department’s workload.
- Maintain the correct working conditions and standards of cleanliness within your area of control
- Carrying out any production work when necessary
- The maintenance of effective quality control
- Ensuring that all jobs are completed within the allotted time, notifying senior management of any circumstances that will not allow this.
- Discussing with management any improvements within your area of control or others that could lead to improved performance/standards/ working conditions on a daily basis and at regular Management Meetings.
- Help train new starters to enable them to operate effectively
- Being aware and making those working for you aware of being cost effective in the use of time and materials and the cost for producing sub-standard work.
• PDF Editing is important, so an excellent knowledge of Acrobat Pro is essential.
• Proficient in Illustrator and InDesign - knowledge of Repro tasks in both programs is important.
• Spot Colour Creation, Layers, Masks, Deconstruction of AI files etc. in both Illustrator and InDesign also important.
• Knowledge of how colours are made, e.g. tweaking of CMYK values at print stage.
• Software used: Adobe CC, Print factory (Important)