We currently have an exciting opportunity at our Retail Marketing site in London for an experienced Structural Designer with high attention to detail and experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Do you experience of using Artios?
- Have you proven experience of working to tight deadlines?
- Do you possess high attention to detail skills?
If the answer to these questions is YES then you could be the right candidate for us!
What being a Structural Designer at DS Smith will involve…
You will actively work on client projects creating structural designs as required to respond to changing priorities and client requirements. The role will be highly client focussed; designing to meet both customer specifications and budgets and producing work within the capabilities of both the site and company suppliers. Some of the key requirements will involve:
- Providing the Account Management teams with accurate, timely and considered; assembly instructions, load-ups, prototypes and mock ups
- Providing the Production and Commercial teams with accurate specification drawings and production samples
- Reviewing the project brief for any special materials that might be required for the project and order through the commercial department or 3rd party suppliers as necessary
- Reviewing the project brief and query budget, required print process and materials as necessary to ensure the brief is answered accurately and successfully at the earliest attempt
- On an ongoing basis communicate with the Structural Head on timings to ensure that the schedule remains accurate and up to date
- Where applicable, work closely with the Graphic design team to ensure all work leaves the studio to the highest standard possible
- Ensure that all work references and adheres to the relevant retailer guidelines where necessary
- Where requested book couriers, and transport, to deliver samples and mock-ups etc in good time
What we would like our candidate to have…
The successful individual will have a strong creative streak, be detailed, energetic and have the ability to work to tight deadlines. Ideally, the key experience and knowledge requirements for the role are as follows:
- POS structural design experience
- A knowledge of the display market within the Brand and Retailer environments
- Experience of using Artios
- Experience of packages such as Illustrator and Photoshop would be an advantage
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- A full UK driving license is preferred
Location: London - SE1 2BD
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.7 billion, the organisation employs over 32,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
• Annual cycle to work scheme