Interim First Line Manager - Print Operations
A global leader in the production of high-quality printed packaging solutions has an opening within their Print Operations department in the far North West of England. This world-class, 24/7 operation is on the search for a First Line Manager to join them on an interim basis.
Ideally, they are looking for someone with flexo experience, however candidates from all sectors within the printing industry will be considered.
The key component to this role is to manage the print crew. It is one thing for managers to know what needs to be done but communicating priorities clearly and effectively to drive efficiencies and performance is another. Our client believes that a great manager needs to have superior communication skills, so they can get their team on the same page and work towards the same objective. Candidates must therefore be outstanding communicators verbally, and have the ability to communicate via the written word just as effectively.
Responsible for everyone’s performance within your team, you will lead on a 1-1 basis, demonstrating well developed coaching skills. Our client is looking for a manager who will commit to investing in their team and help them grow professionally.
The role of Front Line Manager will also entail managing the compliance to company procedures and focusing on key metrics such as Safety, Quality and Waste. Taking control of these elements will often require you to make decisions with a wealth of information in a short amount of time to get the best results for the team and company as a whole.
Summary of key characteristics needed to join this globally renowned company:
- Be highly motivated
- Have a desire to improve our client's business
- Be able to anticipate improvement opportunities
- Demonstrable process knowledge
- Be highly analytical and well organised
- Be able to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
- Have experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Have strong communication skills - using tact and diplomacy whilst appropriately assertive
- Be flexible/practical and disciplined
- The ability to build and sustain relationships in all areas and levels
- Good IT skills are essential.