e-Commerce Account Manager
The e-Commerce business segment is growing significantly. Therefore, there is a change in emphasis for packaging and what it has to deliver in terms of protection, reverse logistics and speed through the packing operation.
In line with our continued profitable growth strategy we are looking to appoint a UK e-Com Account Manager who will be responsible for maximising e-Com business opportunities across the UK in this new and exciting market place. With a strong emphasis on managing existing key accounts, winning new e-Com customers and selling innovative e-Com products that DS Smith Packaging can offer
This is a key position within the company and one of vital importance in further strengthening the e-Com sales function to support business objectives in terms of growth and improved profitability. The Account Managers are responsible for growing the e-Com business segment by selling packaging and supply chain solutions for target customers in the e-com markets both new and existing and also undertaking value selling from concept and design stages through to first orders, in order to develop added value business.
• Manage and drive the profitable growth of e-Com accounts within the designated area of responsibility
• Responsible for accurate budget and forecasting in close collaboration with customers and Head of Sales
• Supporting Customer service on any credit control/ accounting/ invoicing issues
• Manage relationships with different UK sites, multi-material suppliers and logistic centres on all their customer related needs
• Exploit, sell and deliver e-Com packaging solutions to customers - take ownership of the sales pipeline - including customer contact and engagement plans to create and build up strong multi-level customer relationships and increased sales
• Active in promotion and sales of new products/concepts
• Support the existing Corrugated/Display Account Management teams in selling e-Com packaging solutions to existing customers
• Negotiate new customer contracts in line with DSS guidelines and in close collaboration with the Head of Sales and Design Leads
• Apply Design Briefs and work very closely with Internal Design and Business Development to develop optimal profitable solutions
• Explore and utilize insights from the customer Supply Chains to highlight opportunities, risks and demands.
• Present the developed Packaging Solutions to your customers and visualize the value we create – meticulously apply the DSS Value Tool and ensure that customers perceive DS Smith as the leading Packaging Strategist in e-Com
• Use the Impact Centre actively to build better customer relations, generate customer insights and spawn Pack Right Center sessions for further developments
• Continuously evaluate on how new packaging solutions perform and ensure that they meet the customer requirements and demands
The ideal candidate:
• Will ideally have a Business degree
• Account Management experience
• User level experience in Microsoft Office applications – particularly in ppt and excel
• Previous experience with pipeline management
• Experience of e-Com market would be advantageous
• Experience from the packaging industry is preferred
• Ability to develop and challenge customers – development and solution orientated with the desire to sell solutions rather to focus on price
• Positive and optimistic – demonstrates a positive and team orientated approach to solving challenges
• Tenacity and discipline – ability to execute and deliver on agreed objectives
• Strong relationship builder – develops and nurture good relations to customers and co-workers
Location: Office based in Milton Keynes. There will be some national coverage & this will involve overnight stays.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.7 billion, the organisation employs over 32,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme