We are on the search for a detail-orientated operator with a strong background in digital printing. This is an opportunity to join one of the largest digital printing companies in the continent. Continually pushing the boundaries of print technology, they need a strong multi-tasker who has experience working in a fast-paced print production environment and working to tight deadlines.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure each job is signed off as correct before full production commences
- Confirm all jobs have first off approvals either full-scale or mini proofs.
- Internally source material for each job and set up the machine correctly.
- Completion of print jobs in line with the production plan
- Successful interpretation of job cards/work instructions to customer specifications.
- Operate the IDC and rip jobs to the print machine.
- Completion of production paperwork i.e handover sheets/count sheets.
- Identification and resolution of machine troubleshooting.
- Transport completed jobs to the finishing team with the associated paperwork.
- Report any deviations relating to the job card and/or materials
- Support the whole team in the efficient running of the department.
- Ensure quality checks are completed as per Company process.
- Observe all print processes and inspect products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Ensure all products, materials and waste are clearly labelled and identified.
- Review system paperwork such as job cards for information and any other instructions. provided such as spreadsheets for accurate and efficient production.
- Work alongside less experienced members of the team and provide on-job training/coaching where necessary.
- Work alongside other functions within the production area as required in order to ensure production output meets dispatch requirements.
- Report any breakdown, defects or rejections
- Ensure that all waste is being disposed of in accordance with Company procedures and systems.
- Report any accidents, near misses or any instances where environmental procedures are broken or ignored.
- Comply with Health & Safety, ISO, Safe Systems of Work standards and workplace. legislation, including ensuring that your work area is maintained in a clean, safe and tidy manner, that all equipment is used safely and according to instructions, and that work is carried out to ensure no risk to yourself, other employees and visitors.
- Undertake and participate in training as required
- Flexibility on start and finish times to match customer requirements and sudden changes in dispatch requirement.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts.
- The current working pattern operates on a 12-hour shift basis over a four-week period (rotating including day and night shifts).
If you are a cooperative team player who is able to use own initiative and ‘think outside of the box’ then we would love to hear from you.