Digital Print Operator
Our client brings creative ideas, innovative techniques and world-class technology together to provide incredible print solutions.
They are on the search for a practically minded digital print operator with a technical aptitude and a willingness to learn and apply new product/technical knowledge.
Your role will involve:
- Delivering the printing schedule in the most efficient and effective manner ensuring all jobs are printed as per the correct procedure, in line with training received and instructions are followed as per job bag.
- Maintaining internal Quality Control procedures – including GMG sign offs (digital proof).
- Actively participating with the seamless transition of completed work from Print through to Finishing and/or Despatch.
- Completing all tasks in a manner that complies with safety, health and environmental legislation and company policy.
- Actively encouraging and promoting a culture of professionalism, leading by example and demonstrate best practice in the tasks that are completed.
- Proactively monitoring and controlling the amount of waste produced during print runs on the equipment being used recording findings and assisting Managers to implement ideas and suggestions to reduce waste or resolve problems.
- Completing all studio jet tests and substrate calibration requests, ensuring results are fed back to the studio in a timely manner together with any ideas or suggestions for improvements.
- Ensure the work environment is clean, tidy and safe, that equipment is safely maintained so the best quality print is achieved.
- Reading and understanding risk assessments and following a safe system of work. Following all procedures and company policies as given to you by your Shift Manager.
- Actively participating in LEAN activities to ensure the most efficient operation of the factory.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- NVQ Print Level 1 & 2 preferred with an ability to colour correct prints.
- Sound communication and relationship building skills across all levels.
- Open to changing environment based on market conditions and business requirements.
- Willingness to work, gain experience and execute all processes in production.
- Demonstrated willingness to question as-is to find process improvements and efficiency.
- Forward thinking with an appreciation of LEAN principles.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com