DS Smith are recruiting a QSHE Manager to manage and develop the quality and health & safety function of the business to ensure that it has the right skills, processes, materials, information and procedures to consistently meet legislative requirements, customers requirements and the standards established by formal management systems (e.g. ISO 9001 / 14001 / 18001 / PS9000).
The Role will include but not be limited to:
• Ensuring all accidents, incidents and near misses are appropriately reported and investigated whilst assisting managers in continually improving on safety targets
• Driving a safety improvement culture, ensuring that all employees are engaged and participative in this process.
• Ensuring that the site is compliant with all current and future legislative requirements
• Innovate new processes and procedures to ensure continued development of on-site safety programmes
• Ensuring the integrity of the quality system is maintained and developed thereby contributing to the achievement of consistent operational performance and standards
• Managing the BRC Hygiene Management System and Certification
• Managing the Environmental compliance and ISO14001 Management System and Certification
• Managing site insurance and risk reduction plans
• Managing the site Business Continuity Plan
• Managing and developing the QA function, promoting a total quality philosophy at all levels, thereby developing and sustaining a culture of right first time and continuous improvement
• Managing the customer complaint procedure, investigation of quality problems, identification of root causes and development of cost effective corrective and preventative actions in order to ensure the integrity of quality management within the business.
• Delivering training, where relevant on changes to policies, procedures and documentation
• Recognised Safety qualification, such as NEBOSH or IOSH Diploma
• Membership/qualification from a relevant professional body
• Trained internal auditor, or HACCP certified
• Familiarity with audits and requirements of BRC, ISO, and customer audits
• Ability to conduct and lead root cause investigations
• Ability to use computerised recording systems, such as SAP
• PC proficient in terms of spreadsheets etc.
• Industry standards/guidelines (e.g. Pharmaceutical Code of Practice/Hygiene Regulations)
• Organised and disciplined approach to work
• Can work on own initiative and develop plans and strategy
• Ability to engage and influence colleagues at all levels