Manufacturing/Engineering Manager - Kenya
***2 Year Contract Initially***
We are working with one of the largest corrugated carton manufacturers in the East African region.
They are looking for an Engineering/Manufacturing Manager to be responsible for running plant equipment and machinery. Coordinating maintenance and engineering departments and advising management on various issues, you will ensure smooth running of operations. This role is vital to achieving high efficiencies, improving productivity and reducing unit cost of production. Working with the senior management team, you will help improve production facilities, reduce breakdown and develop strategies to improve overall run time efficiency, machine availability, productivity, safety of plant, personnel and production processes.
We are looking for candidates who have served at least 10 years’ in packaging production operations; experience working within a modern corrugated carton manufacturing concern with a minimum capacity of 1000 tpm; and capable of successfully fulfilling the following duties:
- Strategy: Design preventative and breakdown maintenance strategies, procedures and methods. Outline capital expenditure requirement in line with the business strategies with Management.
- Supervision: Coordinate engineering teams to achieve business goals. Take control of engineering stores, inventory levels and issue of spare parts.
- Resource Management: Set goals and objectives both short-term and long-term for regular staff and plan for the achievement of these goals and objectives.
- Project Management: Develop plans and coordinate projects for the organisation. Assign project roles to appropriate staff members.
- Budget: Develop and monitor engineering budget and allocate employees’ equipment and other resources for the day-to-day operations. Monitor and control maintenance costs mainly outsourced assignments and spare part purchases
- Operations: Keep equipment functional by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service. Oversee policies, procedures, protocols and controls that govern engineering operations. Ensures there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns while dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Reports: Oversee preparation of reports, such as statistical and data analysis reports, for all engineering processes and key machines.
- Core competences:
- Ability to see the bigger picture
- Strong leadership skills
- Clear focused on high quality and business profit.
- Result oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good Analytical Skills, innovation, combined with an understanding of new technologies and cutting-edge methods in the packaging field.