Customer Services Team Leader
Our DS Smith site in Featherstone is seeking a Customer Services Team Leader to join us in delivering upon our customer service strategy to achieve service excellence. The focus is to deliver world-class customer service in a fast-paced environment to delight our customers, grow our business and contribute towards achieving and exceeding Featherstone’s goals and targets.
- Have you proven experience of managing a small team in a customer service role?
- Have you supported and developed your team to improve service?
- Do you strive to provide the best service possible at all times?
If you believe the answer to ALL of the above to be YES, you could be the ideal Customer Service Team Leader for us!
What aspects are involved in this role?
The role entails being the primary internal point of contact for a defined customer base, working whilst team leading Customer Service Coordinators to achieve business objectives and service goals. You will be responsible for the following…
- Processing new and repeat customer orders within defined lead dates and agreed customer service level agreements
- Co-ordinating artwork preparation in liaison with external artwork suppliers and seeking prompt artwork approval and order tooling to meet production timelines
- Recovering origination spend through proactive customer invoicing
- Analysing customer forecasts and forward plan stock replenishment orders to meet pending demand in line with defined lead dates and agreed customer service level agreements
- Pro-actively reducing made to order stock residing in the warehouse through daily review and customer liaison
- Acknowledging customer complaints and report dissatisfaction/failures in line with procedures
- Discussing solutions with customers and follow through those actions to ensure customer is satisfied and where appropriate, complaint resolved
- Building strong relations with the Territory Manager by sharing internal and external information, and acting as the main liaison for other areas of the business to provide a united service to customers
- Building strong relations with customers, gaining insight to their business
- Working with the team and other colleagues (our internal customers) within the company to improve team and cross-departmental relations, flexibility and efficiency in our service offerings
- Continually challenge and develop our process flows and methods of operating to deliver upon our customer excellence programme
What we would like our candidate to have…
- Ability to demonstrate how our corporate values – Caring, Challenging, Trusted, Responsive and Tenacious – will be applied in the workplace
- Experience of leading a successful team
- Proven track record of performing at a high level in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Computer literate, with a good understanding of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to prioritise & manage own workload