Engagement Business Partner -Homebased
DS Smith is currently recruiting for an Engagement Business Partner to play a key role in the shaping and delivery of the Engagement strategy and plan.
The Engagement Business Partner forms an important part of the UK HR team. They will be pivotal in driving the employee engagement strategy within the UK; ensuring local management teams are skilled in driving the engagement agenda as well as providing focused support and assistance where necessary to drive higher levels of engagement and enablement.
• Work with the UK HRD and the UK Engagement Lead to deploy UK engagement strategy, advising and refining as appropriate based on employee insight.
• Ensure full stakeholder engagement and buy in, including UK SMT, Sector Directors, Sector HRBPs, UK HR team and local management teams.
• Implement the full and pulse employee surveys, targeting 90% response rate and feedback results to UK, Divisional, Sector and Site levels.
• Ensure rigorous follow up activity is undertaken at all sites, including timely action planning, workforce communication and employee involvement.
• Provide appropriate and specific interventions that support increases in engagement and/or enablement as necessary.
• Define and deploy approaches that enhance management capability so as to enable the responsibility for engagement to be taken at site level, including full deployment of the survey cycle.
• Work alongside HRBPs sharing insights and jointly supporting sites as necessary.
• Identify and create a wider group of employee champions across sites who demonstrate the necessary behaviours to drive employee engagement and leverage the success of local action plans.
• Foster true engagement by taking a proactive role in the facilitation, coaching and advice to HR team, management and general employee population.
• Participate in the Regional Communications Network, supporting employee communications, initiatives and updates.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions on content for the publication of the quarterly UK Employee Talk magazine.
• Connect with Regional Head of Engagement and Culture as well as other engagement stakeholders within the region in order to share best practice.
• Act as an advisor to other functions where a focus on employee engagement could contribute towards the success of that function.
• Work alongside HRBPs and local HR teams to support with upskilling our managers and employees.
What we expect the candidate to have:
• Full driving licence – significant UK wide travel
• CIPD Level 3 or above (or working towards)
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Passion for employee engagement
• Good understanding of employee engagement theory and practice
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Enthusiastic personality
• Ability to manage own time and work independently
• Good knowledge of DS Smith business including products, manufacturing processes, services and locations would be an advantage
• Ability to convey complex information in a simple way
• Ability to challenge in a constructive and effective manner
• Understanding of how successful companies deploy engagement strategies to add value to the bottom line
• Experience leading continuous improvement projects
• Experience managing/implementing cultural and behavioural change programmes.
• Experience working with employee insight analytics and survey data to influence change
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.7 billion, the organisation employs over 32,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Location: Home Based
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
• Annual cycle to work scheme