Shift Engineer - Mechanical Biased/Some Electrical - Packaging
SHIFT ENGINEER (MECHANICAL BIASED, SOME ELECTRICAL KNOWLEDGE) - PACKAGING
Up to £35k + 24 days holiday (plus BH) + Pension
Week 1 - Mon to Fri 8.00am to 4.00pm
Week 2 - Mon to Thurs 2.00pm to 10.00pm, Fri 12.00pm to 7.00pm
Weekend working a min one in three in addition to the normal working hours
Coverage for night shift for sickness and holidays (10.00pm to 6.00am)
Our client are a leading bespoke packaging manufacturer, they are currently looking to recruit a Shift Engineer to work in accordance with all legislative and manufacturer requirements to ensure the optimised operation of all machinery in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
City and Guilds minimum qualification in an engineering / electrical discipline and basic P.L.C knowledge is required. Machining or Welding skills would be an advantage.
- Willing to work overtime at short notice if needs arise.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager/Shift Manager
- Provide engineering cover to the Production Department ensuring that breakdowns are rectified promptly and effectively, resulting in minimum unplanned downtime.
- Respond to breakdowns with a high degree of urgency being suitably prepared to undertake diagnostic tasks
- Liaise with the Shift Manager to ensure that the most appropriate repair is made at the time of the breakdown
- Carry out/assist with the scheduled PPM programme
- Ensure the standards of safety, accuracy and productivity, administration, housekeeping and hygiene are maintained to the company's standards
- Provide cover for holidays and other absences within the engineering department
- Contribute ideas and solutions that will improve the levels of operation within engineering and production
- The above list is not exhaustive - The job holder is expected to support the business as and when in the normal execution of their duties.
Nature and Scope:
- The Shift Engineer will be a multi skilled engineer, capable of diagnosing and resolving a wide range of breakdown issues
- A flexible approach to working is required as priorities often change with short notice
- Work unsupervised delivering a high level of attention to detail
- The shift engineer works as part of the Production Team so must possess good communication skills to enable production operatives to provide the necessary information regarding the breakdown of their machine
- Work to a culture of continuous improvement to develop reliability, safety, accuracy and efficiency