DS Smith currently has an excellent opportunity for an Estimator to join us at our packaging site in Smethwick. You will work closely with the Sales & Commercial Teams to ensure that work in relation to costing, pricing & tender calculations is produced accurately, in a timely manner. Your primary focus will be to deliver excellent customer service to all external customers, whilst building effective working relationships with internal customers across DS Smith.
If you think this role could be for you, then consider the following…
What is the role of an Estimator within DS Smith?
- Responsible for the pricing of new customer enquiries, re-costing of existing specifications for changes in quantity, delivery location and maintenance of price schedules
- Ensuring the effective capture of data within the ERP to deliver accurate reporting on enquiry effectiveness and success rates along with commercial KPI’s
- Supporting the Sales function with all tenders by collating the required pricing data to enable the quotation process
- Delivering excellent customer service will also be a key focus & you will respond to all customer requests in a timely manner, handling all NCR’s & customer price changes within the agreed timescales
- Accountability for own health and safety whilst at work, operating in line with company procedures to enable a safe working environment
- Working with the site team, other colleagues within the company and external suppliers to improve commercial KPI’s, flexibility and efficiency in our service offerings
- Analysing trends identifying areas of concern and opportunity
What we would like our ideal candidate to have…
- Proven experience of working in a similar role as an Estimator
- Ideally experience of working within the Packaging industry for a large organisation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively as an individual or within a team
- Computer literate, with a good understanding of Microsoft Office software including Excel
- Ideally working knowledge of ERP Business Systems, SharePoint, CRM – in particular experience with SPOCs would be advantageous.
Closing date: 5th July 2019
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.7 billion, the organisation employs over 32,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
• Annual cycle to work scheme