Production Team Leader
7 days left
- Contract Type
We are seeking a Production Team Leader, to take a key role in our busy manufacturing site in Torpoint. This is a management role, that will see you responsible for leading a team, delivering against company targets and goals.
Our customers face continued challenges in their chosen markets, seeking solution orientated partners to demonstrate creative and innovative thinking. At DS Smith we have an ambition to be the very best for our customers, working together is so important. As such you will be a key figure within the wider manufacturing team.
What the role will entail...
You will be responsible for the performance and development of your team as well as ensuring all production targets are completed without compromising Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards. The day to day tasks in this role will also include:
- Responsibility for ensuring that Health & Safety policies and procedures are followed and maintained in line with ISO 45001 system
- Managing, engaging and developing employees including discipline, grievance, training, evaluations, goal setting and PDR’s.
- Utilising the EIQ system to analyse operations, so that the plant is running as efficiently as possible
- Managing end of shift reports on EIQ daily as required by the Operations Manager or Quality Department
- Understanding all CQS (Critical to Quality Specifications) for the parts being produced and drive the standards within the team
- Leading and promoting continuous improvement initiatives
- Attending and participating in daily shift meetings
The desired candidate will have the following...
- Previous management experience including performance management, absence management and disciplinary
- Ability to drive 5’s, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Experience of delivering continuous improvement initiatives
- Motivated and committed individual who can adopt a flexible approach to the business requirements
- Previous experience of training, developing and coaching a team to achieve its best
- Ability to manage and drive good manufacturing practice within a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in the use of IT
- Ability to communicate verbally or written to all levels