Page Transmission Coordinator
The Newspaper Operations team is responsible for leading the operational planning, production and timely distribution of our printed titles. We deliver an innovative, collaborative approach to the planning and delivery of the printed product, improving process, using technology and our talent to make our print operations smarter.
We’re looking for an Page Transmission Coordinator, whose main responsibility will be the correct and efficient transmission of pages to press sites. You’ll liaise with our Editorial department and the press sites and follow procedures to complete each day’s transmission accurately and effectively.
We need someone with a love of print who will thrive in a pressured role that is fundamental to the printing of our newspaper each day.
A background in print production would be an advantage. You will be asked to help out in the Newspaper Operations department generally and skills in picture processing would be an asset.
It’s an exciting, challenging role and requires high levels of attention to detail.
The role covers edition control and imaging responsibilities, who operate throughout the week (Monday to Sunday), responding to business requirements
You will be required to:
- Ensure the timely delivery of the right pages to correct press sites.
- Ensure press sites are correctly notified of relevant press runs.
- Check the final page proofs to ensure all elements are present and correct.
- Take the initiative, and the correct action, when required to ensure successful commencement of our print runs.
- Ensure editioning and zoning are correctly done in Editorial and Advertising, such as regional editions and splitting zoned ads.
- Report clearly on each day’s transmission.
You will be able to demonstrate confidence in the following areas on a day-to-day basis, and in a busy working environment:
- A clear and orderly approach to transmission.
- An ability to methodically work under pressure.
- Computer-literate and able to pick up new systems quickly
- Process large quantities of detailed information with high levels of accuracy.
- Demonstrate Telegraph values - Together, Open-Minded, Fearless and Informed.
- A keen interest in newspapers and print publishing
- Able to work late shifts - weekday and weekend shift cover
Useful Additional Skills
- Competent with Photoshop re-touching and the basics of picture production cutouts
- Can evaluate and makes contributions to best practice and uses past experience to solve problems
- Intermediate colour reproduction and colour management skills.
- A background in print production would be advantageous but is not essential
Employees at The Telegraph enjoy roles that contribute directly to shaping the future of the UK’s leading quality newsbrand. In return for your investment in our purpose and vision, The Telegraph offers a range of flexible benefits that help you shape your life against your priorities. From health and well-being for you and loved ones, maternity and paternity leave, childcare, discounts and cashback with local retailers, as well as the medical services, fitness and wellness classes and gym facilities provided at our Buckingham Palace Road office.