First Line / Shift Manager - Flexo Print (Contract)
NEW VACANCY! (PK6094)
FIRST LINE/ SHIFT MANAGER - (CONTRACT) FLEXO PRINT
NORTH WEST (Please contact me for location details)
Salary up to £42K
Temporary position up to 6 months - Working 3 x 12 shifts on a rota basis, Sunday to Friday, mix of days and nights. Will be required to provide holiday cover.
Our client is a leading flexible packaging manufacturer supplying a range of high-quality packaging into food markets.
Our client is currently looking to recruit a First Line Manager to lead the shift team across each of the value streams, manage Safety, Quality and Outputs for the shift and culminating in a daily shift performance report for the print department.
- Provide support to the Operations Manager in achieving production targets.
- Escalate issues to the Operations Manager as appropriate.
- Managing and ensuring OHSE compliance for the shift
- Leading by example and encouraging correct behaviours
- Leading and ensuring AIB/food safety compliance, and also SSW/SOP compliance
- Supporting Operational Management Team in ensuring achievement of key operating targets, both budget and stretch
- Employing problem solving skills/root cause analysis and, where necessary, utilising appropriate business partners to reduce the frequency and length of downtime issues
- Line Management Qualification (ILM)
- Grade "C" and above (or equivalent qualification) in the core subjects of Maths, English, Science
- IT skills, MS Office (Excel & Word).
- Formal printing qualification (Desirable)
- C.I. Leader Training (desirable)