Platen/Young Shin Operator
Platen Machine Operator - Nights (Platen/Yun-Shing)
The post holder will be responsible for the safe operation, setting and running of the platen machines ensuring jobs are completed correctly within time allowed
- Report to the machine supervisor for the work to be allocated and receive the paperwork
- Be aware of the timing required and report any issues
- Receive the job and read the job docket to check for any issues that have been advised.
- Follow the QC process.
- Once you have set the job ensure the Supervisor passes it off
- Perform random checks to ensure quality is consistent.
- Put the finished work in the machine holding area with the correct pallet label attached and inform the Supervisor of its location.
- Fill in the finished count and hand docket back to the Supervisor
- Use Optimus RDC to log start and finish of the job and enter the quantity that has been run
- Any machine faults are to be advised to your shift supervisor
- To carry out any other reasonable request as directed by the Supervisors
- Ensure that the workplace is kept in a clean, efficient and safe manner
- Ensure recycling procedures are followed, checking that mixed waste does not contaminate paper and card containers.
- Report to management any unsafe working practices, hazards or accidents, following correct procedures.
- Follow SSOW at all times
- Change the blade
- Complete daily machine check sheets
Skills, knowledge and experience
- To effectively follow verbal and written instructions and raise issues that arise;
- Ability to complete paperwork in English accurately and completely, understand the importance of detail and accuracy;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment and individually;
- Self-managing and pro-active;
The post holder agrees to be committed to health and safety, and be aware of their contribution towards it in the workplace. This includes the requirements to monitor safety and compliance with any systems of safe working within the Group and to take reasonable care of oneself and other people who may be affected by one’s actions and omissions at work.
Shift: Monday - Thursday 19:00pm - 05:30am
Location: Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire
Salary: Competitive (depending on experience)