Account Manager - Direct Mail
Are you an account manager from the direct mail sector who is passionate about providing first class service every time?
If so, we have a fantastic opportunity to join a customer-centric print and mailing solutions provider. Their aim is to help customers achieve cost effective results, improve response rates and reduce stress associated with direct mail campaigns. Your role will be to provide general project management functions to the company and ensure the smooth running of all aspects of account management.
Daily duties will include:
· Managing mailing, fulfilment, response handling projects.
· Managing printing projects – will involve setting up liaising with production/print suppliers.
· Managing / supervising production department staff – establishing a good working relationship, monitoring performance, ensuring each is supplied with correct information and materials to fulfil each job.
· General organisation – Keeping project management system’s files and electronic project folders in an orderly fashion, well labelled and easy to follow by any other member of staff.
· Liaise with customers and suppliers – to involve taking briefs from customers, creating estimates using our accounting system (Quickbooks), ordering materials as necessary, setting up job specifications and adding new jobs, developing good working relationships with key customers, suppliers and staff to ensure best levels of service.
· Being fiscally responsible for management of each project
· Working in accordance with our Quality Assurance (ISO9001) Environmental Management Systems (ISO14001), and Information Security Management Systems (ISO27001). *
· Developing accounts to maximise company potential. Being available to visit client offices as and when required by customer.
· Managing logistics of exhibition items going to and from events for a client (e.g. through management of stock, booking couriers and physically checking exhibition orders when returned).
· Develop in depth knowledge of Royal Mail/DSA services/products.
* Our client has recently been successfully audited by an independent certifying body to meet the ISO27001 standard. Over the past year they have been working hard to develop existing policies and procedures, including all technical, physical and legal controls to achieve the Information Security Management System accreditation. This demonstrates their commitment to maintaining integrity, confidentiality and availability of the information they are privy to.
Qualities / Skills required for this position:
· Multi-tasking – Able to manage a wide variety of projects in an often fast-paced and reactive environment to tight deadlines as stipulated by a variety of different clients.
· Prioritising – Able to work with initiative, plan workload priorities for the day.
· Ability to communicate well with others – to give clear instructions and to listen and follow instructions. Must be well spoken and able to communicate at different levels, both internally (with other employees) and externally (with clients and suppliers).
· Excellent telephone manner – ability to instil a sense of calm and confidence in customers
· Logical Thinking – able to analyse processes then design and implement new methods for achieving better or enhanced productivity.
· IT Skills – Competent at using a variety of software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
· Attention to detail – Ability to proofread letters, check data etc to ensure that clients’ jobs are accurate and as per their initial specification.
· Enthusiasm – someone who enjoys working hard and who is looking for job satisfaction.
· Good sense of humour – ability to get on with and work well with others.
· Honest / Trustworthy / Loyal
· Confidence in own abilities and strengths but able to take constructive criticism.
· Keen to learn and develop new skills
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com