Head of Compliance
A leading player in its field is looking to fill the key role of Head of Compliance. They key purpose of this role will be to ensure the Company is compliant with current, applicable; International Standards (9001, 14001, 22301, 27001), Health and Safety legislation; and other standards to which the company is certified and other requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Registers of Legislation and other requirements, particularly Environmental, Data Protection, and Health & Safety
- Monitor new and proposed legislation
- Audit compliance on a regular basis and report non-conformance to the Directors
- Ensure the department maintains management systems to comply with ISO 9001, 14001, 22301, 27001, CPAS, FSC/PEFC and Health and Safety Legislation
- Help the company work towards ISO 45001
- Work with management to formulate company policies and procedures
- Plan direct and co-ordinate employee awareness of company policies and procedures
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate the quality assurance activities undertaken and to be the catalyst in developing, promoting, implementing and maintaining a quality improvement programme.
- Assist top management to identify, assess and mitigate operational, strategic and reputational risk
- Maintain a Risk Register, Risk Treatment Plans and Business Impact Analysis
- Promote a risk-based management culture
- Maintain a schedule of internal audits
- Ensure internal Auditors carry out and report on planned audits
- Ensure that non-conformances and arising preventative actions are tracked and closed
- Manage external surveillance, due diligence and insurance assessor visits
- Manage procedures to effectively investigate incidents and accidents ensuring that root cause and preventative actions are adequately identified
- Report activity weekly to the Management Team
- Report on activity, KPIs and trends to the Board
As a member of the Management Team:
- Monitor the impact of customer and operational activity on compliance and risk management
- Raise awareness of incidents and accident investigation facilitating resolution
- Set annual objectives
Experience within the digital space is vital for this role. A background in manufacturing is also highly important. Working knowledge of the financial services industry on top of digital and manufacturing would set you above all competition.
Our client’s compliance team consists of 2 other individuals. They are looking for a strong people manager who can let these individuals flourish, but also drive behind the scenes.
Finding someone who ticks the above boxes is key, however organisational fit is equally as important for our client.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com