Multi Skilled Engineer - Electrical Bias
Our DS Smith site in Lockerbie is seeking a Multi Skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias) to support the operations team.
Being part of a 2 man shift based team carrying out Planned Maintenance and Reactive Breakdown work on a range of modern manufacturing process equipment in a safe and hygienic manner.
Supporting the day based Engineering Team as required in promoting Health and Safety, Regulatory Compliance, Good Manufacturing Practices and Continuous Improvement projects across the site.
The shift pattern is currently: - 12hr Shifts - 3 on 3 off Days / Nights - (No Saturday night working).
- Timed served apprentice (Electrical bias) plus post-apprenticeship experience in an Engineering or Maintenance role within a multi skilled, modern Manufacturing or Facilities Management environment.
- Willing to learn and perform outside of comfort zone if required.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good communicator - written and verbal.
- Knowledge of SAP
- Understanding of Siemens PLC’s
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of corrugated packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.7 billion, the organisation employs over 32,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.