Business Development Director - Labelling
NEW VACANCY! (PK6103)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Basic £60,000 Performance related bonus, with on target earnings of £80,000 + Company car + Pension + Private Medical
Potential to become a Director
Our Client is a is a leading player in the self-adhesive labels, tickets and tags industry, operating across the UK, Europe and beyond with an enviable reputation for innovation and customer service.
The company have a requirement for a Business Development Director to operate in a brand new role reporting to the Sales Director. After two successful years in the role the candidate will become a director at Companies House.
There is an opportunity for the right candidate to work across both existing customer base and with potential new customers at a strategic level to identify new opportunities and form strategic alliances. The role is pan European and is likely to be focussed on larger customers as that is where the high margin sales wins are going to come from. This is a commercial role where success will be measured by additional sales coming from the candidates work. It is not selling existing products to existing customers; it could be existing products to new customers; and will include new products or applications for new customers.
The objective of this position is to win significant new business by firstly identifying and developing solutions in response to customer problems, opportunities and requests and secondly, to take innovative thinking, products and applications to customers to develop new business.
As this will be an external based role, the candidate will need to be sufficiently mobile and flexible as travel will be essential in order to fulfil the role. The candidate must be able to work extended hours on occasions when required and given the nature of the role, the candidate must also have a clean or "near clean" driving licence.
This position calls for an individual with very specific experience and professional background:
- Must have a demonstrable track record in delivering sustained business growth
- Be from a label background ie convertor or very closely connected to a convertor with strong knowledge of the label convertor customer base
- Have worked in the vertical markets of food, chemical, retail and logistics to be able to quickly identify end user applications
- Know the main players in the supply chain
- Have a track record of identifying technical solutions for customers within the label industry and linked markets such as packaging
At a personal level the individual must:
- Be driven to achieve tangible commercial results
- Be a great communicator to work with contacts inside and out to search out opportunities
- Able to work efficiently and effectively across countries and communicate at various levels in potential customers
- Have excellent negotiating skills to develop commercial opportunities
- Strong business acumen with ability to communicate across a wide range of clients and agents
- Tenacious, resilient and not afraid of rejection