Technical Innovation Manager
6 days left
- Contract Type
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our Retail Marketing Division as a Technical Innovation Manager.
The Technical Innovation Manager is a key role in managing and delivering ideas, innovations and continuous improvement across all of our products and services, for both existing and potential customers. They will be at the forefront of all new technical processes and innovations, utilising the best ideas and incorporating them into our products and pitches. They will relish and solve client challenges that require fresh thinking and technical knowledge.
Their work will deliver a unique, best-in-class proposition, which will excite clients to want to work with us. They will be a key player in creating propositions that deliver the best possible RFP process responses. They will be able to meet with clients, discuss ideas and offer relevant solutions.
They will be a part of a team that delivers added value through innovation, continuous improvement projects, OPUS, market insight and research papers.
• Through all communications and actions, to act as an advocate and role model for DSSRM’s core brand values both internally and externally
• Deliver a program of continuous technical improvement across all major customers. This will cover our products and how they are designed and manufactured, our creativity, our sustainability strategy and our processes
• Meet with customers to pitch new ideas and discuss solutions to technical challenges.
• Through all actions, to aid in the development, communication and delivery of the business’ strategy, both internally and externally
• To collaboratively work with the Senior Management Team to identify and break down organisational barriers to effective team working and cross business collaboration to achieve strategic goals
• To provide support to Management, Account Management, Production and Commercial teams to drive sales and growth, through the delivery of a clear, detailed program of technical innovation
• To create impactful and creative ways of reaching out and generating interest from prospective customers
• To assist the wider marketing and innovation team in its full activities when required
• To examine and break down incoming RFP documents, interrogating the detail and requesting further information if needed. Work with the sales and commercial teams, generating the best possible response that maximises our chances of winning the business. Conduct retail visits to see existing solutions, examining them to find ways of improvement
• To support our New Business Team during all opportunities that arise, scoping out technical requirements and presenting the best solution that maximises the chances of successful conversion
• Business degree or equivalent
• Excellent analytical and problem solving
• Understanding complex information and requirements
• Results driven, pragmatic, customer focused and committed to delivering customer excellence
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Good communication skills – written and verbal
• Excellent technical knowledge of retail POS
• Experience working within POS in a technical role would be an advantage
Location: Mill Street, South East London (SE1 2BD)
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.7 billion, the organisation employs over 32,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme