Print & Paper Buyer
We have a rare opportunity to join a prestigious, internationally renowned print management company. There is a need for a talented print and paper buyer to join their team and contribute towards their world class service. The selected candidate will benefit from industry leading training and progression opportunities.
The core responsibility of the print buyer will be to purchase and deliver diverse marketing projects and materials. You will be integral in the strengthening of relationships with clients and will be relied upon to provide support for their daily print requirements. Focusing on supplier relationships nationally and internationally, you will ensure all print campaigns are delivered within set SLAs.
This position requires high energy, assertiveness, ability to negotiate, creative problem solving, good judgement, initiative and an aptitude for the following:
- Developing strong vendor relationships and lead in the purchasing of printed materials for all projects including negotiating best costs, seeking cost savings opportunities.
- Ensuring the highest quality in printing production through ensuring the quality control standards of each vendor meets company requirements.
- Coordinating and managing the proper flow of multiple print projects from planning, scheduling and managing through completion for all printed projects.
- Create and communicate schedules and ensure they are updated on a regular basis and provide timely warnings when delivery dates may be in jeopardy.
- Properly research and vet new partners on an ongoing basis to ensure our client is partnering with vendors with the newest innovations in printing capabilities.
It goes without saying that a Print & Paper Buyer will be tenacious, driven and eager to learn. Having previous experience for buying printed materials is key as is being able to coordinate marketing and print run projects. To be a successful Print & Paper Buyer you must be innovative and have experience of finding effective solutions for client requirements and work to set deadlines and budgets.
We can only consider candidates who are dedicated print & paper buyers and have been for many years, rather than candidates who do Buying as part of a wider role.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com
Apply for Print & Paper Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly