Print Project Manager
We are looking for an experienced print/artwork to help launch a fledgeling reprographics department for a buzzing event and exhibition production company.
You will have extensive practical knowledge of a wide range of print machinery and processes and be required to work on a varied range of projects across all aspects of the business. You will take responsibility for all print production (in-house) and management of all external print production projects. Day to day responsibilities will include management and operation of our in house printer, managing the graphics workflow including art working, advising internal clients on production deadlines, costs and issues, working closely with our external partners and other suppliers and generally ensuring that projects are completed on spec, on time and to budget. You will need a flexible approach to tight deadlines and short notice requests.
About the role
- Help design and implement management processes to enable the smooth running of a new department
- The ability to effectively produce and resize artwork with last minute and tight deadlines
- Provide useful and easily communicable feedback to our account managers/clients about costs, formatting, materials and sizing
- Production of in house print graphics – small scale vinyl and CNC cutting.
- Ensure smooth operation of in house machinery – parts, supplies and maintenance of a Roland SP540i printer/cutter, 1.4m laminator and a transfer and weeding table.
- On occasion, manage the installation of onsite graphics on more significant events
- Production management and quality control of approved print suppliers
- Keep track and an overview of all print/graphics related projects within the business
- Make sure artwork and print files are prepared and approved in time, keeping track of jobs in production
- Working with internal stakeholders to efficiently plan external resource and forecast workload
- Proactively suggesting new machinery, processes and media to increase cost effectiveness
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe suite, RIP & Microsoft software
- Knowledge of large scale print design and formatting
- Minimum of two years of experience working in or running a small print studio
- Ability to effectively communicate and translate internal/client needs to external suppliers
- A calm, a capable and unflappable personality who thrives under pressure
- Outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience establishing and setting up processes for efficient working that makes for successful projects being run in future
- Understanding of profitability, budgets and industry cost price
- A can-do mentality and a flexible approach to their role/responsibilities within the company
It would be great if you had the following, but it's not essential
- Working knowledge of SketchUp and/or VectorWorks
- A good understanding of image copyrighting
- An interest in graphic design, print and the more extensive design fields
This is a unique opportunity for a mid-level, all-round events graphics professional who is looking for a role that offers something extra, so if you are an artwork or print project manager with a background in events, experiential or exhibition work, then we would love to hear from you.
Location: Units B2 ‑ B4
Galleywall Trading Estate