An exciting opportunity has arisen at DS Smith Packaging in Lockerbie for a Waste Coordinator to join the team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Continuous Improvement Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring all activities and waste management are conducted within environmental legislative requirements.
We are looking for someone to continually reduce and eliminate process waste from DS Smith Packaging, and influence and be influenced by best practice from the wider DS Smith community.
- Identify opportunities to reduce waste
- Recommend ways in which to reduce and eliminate waste
- Implement solutions which will reduce and eliminate waste
- Develop, implement and manage processes for the collection, disposal, recording and publication of waste performance
- Work with people to train, educate and engrain the culture of waste reduction
- Collection of waste data from the waste disposal process on a daily basis
- Calculation of waste percentages according to the company waste definition and policy
- Reporting of waste performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis (internal)
- Report on monthly basis for waste strategic leadership team (SLT)
- Analysis of waste data and trends on a daily basis
- Presentation of waste and the development of ideas and opportunities with the aid of the steering group
- Leadership of specific waste projects
- Participating in the bi-monthly UK Waste coordinator meeting and presentation of the sites results and best practices
- Create and implement standard operating procedures to control, reduce and accurately report waste
- Carrying out divisional waste and creating the subsequent action plans to improve
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement activities to maximise benefits
- Ideally looking for someone with experience in Recycling/Waste Management
- Ability to challenge current processes and propose realistic solutions to problems
- Confident, outgoing personality with great people skills
- Computer skills – Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- IOSH Managing Safely qualification is advantageous.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.7 billion, the organisation employs over 32,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
• Annual cycle to work scheme
Apply for Waste Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly